University Baptist Church in Austin, Texas is currently hiring a Facilities Manager.
The University Baptist Church (UBC) seeks a Facilities Manager. UBC is a historic and progressive church adjacent to the University of Texas. The church property includes three main buildings used for church activities, built in 1921, 1949, and 1974. To learn more about the history of these buildings, please click here. The church also owns two other lots adjacent to the church property.
UBC seeks an individual who is a self-starter, organized, collaboratively-minded, and who is able to work independently while managing many projects at the same time. The Facilities Manager’s position will support the overall mission of the church working collaboratively with church staff and members towards goals and visions set together with the church pastors and members.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Building and Maintenance Responsibilities
- Maintain and repair HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, drywall, painting, elevators, kitchen appliances, and information technology systems as needed
- Create and maintain relationships with all outside contractors or service providers and arrange for and monitor all work being performed.
- Work directly with church members and pastoral staff to plan projects and administer facilities budget
- Responsible for upkeep of buildings and property including: groundskeeping, graffiti removal, providing pest control, and maintaining permanent and temporary signs
- Issue and revoke keys and door codes, and maintain appropriate records
- Schedule inspections (elevators, boilers, fire extinguishers, backflow valves, natural gas lines)
- Maintain heating and cooling schedule for all church events and activities
- Oversee and upkeep parking garage equipment, and coordinate mutual parking issues with the Callaway House.
- Maintain inventory and order supplies tools, equipment, and A/V equipment as needed for all maintenance areas.
Facilities Use and Lease Responsibilities
- Maintain calendar of facilities use
- In collaboration with church committees, facilitate long-term leasing of facilities, serve as primary contact with tenants
- Negotiate short-term rentals, process agreements
- Supervise custodial work, perform occasional custodial duties as needed
- Train employees in safe use of chemicals and equipment
- In partnership with the custodial staff, set up and remove seasonal decorations and ensure liturgical materials and worship supplies are in place for Sunday services
Respond to building emergencies as needed, day and night.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Facilities Management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
Education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Salary range: $42,000-$47,000. Salary negotiable.
Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, ~8:00 AM to ~4:00 PM
Competitive benefits package includes: health insurance, paid sick and parental leave, four-week vacation leave after one year of employment, and opportunity for professional development.
Supervision by the Office Manager.
Please send cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com.
Posted Monday, February 26, 2018.