University Baptist Church in Austin, Texas is currently hiring a Ministerial Intern.
The University Baptist Church of Austin, Texas seeks a qualified student exploring a call to ministry to serve for the duration of the summer with the church through an internship designed to explore call and vocation through immersed ministry experiences. The internship is designed to:
- Give real-life experience in ministry settings
- Provide mentorship and guidance in discernment
- Explore areas of strength and growth in ministry
This internship will last for a total of 10-14 weeks (dependent on the applicant’s availability). Intern candidates should be in college or seminary and should be ready to clearly express a call to ministry.
The tasks associated with this position are:
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
- Attend a bi-weekly discernment/call meeting with the Associate Pastor.
- Assist the Associate Pastor in planning and executing at least two of UBC’s summer ministry opportunities with children and/or youth ministries (i.e. Youth Summer Camp, Children’s Camp, VBS, Youth Cultural Immersion and Service Learning Trip, etc.).
- Travel with the youth and children’s ministry for up three weeks of camp/service learning ministry (room and board provided).
- Participate in a weekly worship planning meeting.
- Provide weekly leadership in worship through scripture reading, liturgy writing and prayer leadership.
- Assist pastoral staff in any other task as designated by the Associate Pastor.
- Other duties as assigned.
This internship provides a stipend of $1,500 for the entirety of the summer. Housing and travel accommodations may be made available on a case-by-case basis. Resumes should be sent to Associate Pastor, Stephanie Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University Baptist Church is associated with the Alliance of Baptists and the American Baptist Churches. UBC seeks to be a progressive voice of faith through prophetic preaching, holistic ministry, and LGBTQ inclusion.
Posted Monday, February 26, 2018